top of page

Online Office

Welcome to Pat Weir's online office.


From this page you can get information on many of the most common requests that we receive. You can still contact us by phone or email as usual but you may find the links on this page allow you to find the information you need. If you have difficulty finding what you require, or need to talk to someone, please phone the office on (07) 4570 4100 or email: and we’ll be happy to assist.




Electoral enrollment

The AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections. To enrol for the first time or get back on the roll, you can enrol online here. You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver’s licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity.

If you need to enrol to vote for the first time or you have changed addresses you will need to fill out an electoral enrolment form which can be downloaded through the Australian Electoral Commission website.

If you have questions about voting, elections or electorates you will probably find the information by visiting the AEC website.


Request for congratulatory message

Congratulatory letters can be arranged for people celebrating a significant birthday (90 or 100) or wedding anniversary (50, 60, 65 or 70). Consideration may be given to arranging letters for other anniversaries or birthdays, if there are special circumstances.  

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating  please click on this link to download and print off the official form and this link for the information sheet. If you require any further information please contact the Executive Correspondence Unit: Telephone: (07) 3003 9268 Facsimile: (07) 3224 2943 email:



Do you want to be a JP or Commissioner for Declarations?

Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations are highly-respected members of the community who play an important role in modern society. They are voluntary workers in Queensland’s legal system and perform a range of judicial and administrative functions.

In a complex legal environment these people provide a variety of specialised services to the legal system and the Queensland public.

To become a Justice of the Peace (JP) or Commissioner for Declarations (C.dec) you must be:


  • an Australian citizen
  • at least 18 years old
  • of good character
  • correctly registered on the state electoral roll and
  • undertake prescribed training and be deemed competent.


All new applicants seeking appointment as a JP or C.dec must first successfully complete a prescribed training course from a Registered Training Organisation. The training course provides the specific competencies required under the roles and responsibilities of JPs and C.decs.

Our legislation is becoming increasingly more complex and placing higher expectations on our JPs and C.decs. JPs and C.decs handle important documents which may have a significant impact on a person’s life. It is therefore important that they are properly trained in how to provide these services.

The duties of a JP (Qualified) are more onerous than those of a Commissioners for Declarations. If you want more information please read the Justice

Department website by clicking on this link.


Application forms are available from Trevor’s Electorate Office, If you have any further questions, or would like Trevor to mail you an application form just contact the electorate office.


JPs in your neighbourhood

If you need the services of a JP in your suburb just click on this link which will take you to a State Government site with a complete listing by suburb.

JPs in the Community signing locations can be found at various venues throughout Queensland including:


  • major shopping centres
  • libraries
  • court houses
  • universities
  • hospitals.


please click this link for locations.


Request a Queensland flag

Organisations, generally not-for-profit or community groups, may be eligible for a free Queensland flag if they meet the conditions issued by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.

Those eligible include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, other youth organisations, service associations such as Rotary and Lions, welfare and ethnic organisations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades and the like.

Queensland teachers and students who have been accepted into an overseas educational institution are eligible to receive one for presentation to that institution.

Applications may be made by emailing or writing to the electorate office. If you need more information regarding eligibility, please contact our office.


Parliament House tour bookings

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too. If you wish to organise a tour, please contact the Electorate Office on (07) 4570 4100. If Pat is in Parliament on the day he may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you want to find more information directly from Parliament House please click on this link for Parliament House tours.

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Vimeo Social Icon
bottom of page